No products in the cart.
- 100g (½ cup) mixed lentils – red split, green & black (you can also use one type if you can’t find different types)
- 250ml (1 1/4 cup) water
- 5 tablespoons pitted olives in brine, drained and diced to small size pieces
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced thinly
- 150g (5oz) bell peppers (2 different colours will make the salad look more colourul), diced to small size pieces
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of oil from sun-dried tomatoes jar (or Olive Oil)
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (depending how acidic you want your dressing; try with one and ad the second tablespoon later)
- 2 raw garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse lentils and set to simmer in water on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until almost soft. Drain and reserve.
- Combine dressing ingredients and reserve.
- Dice and slice all salad ingredient. When lentils are cooked and cooled down combine them with all other ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve with a generous sprinkle of parsley leaves.
Source: Garlic Matters